Buffer Social has collected together some of the latest and sometimes surprising findings from recent social media research. The research provides lots of actionable tips on when, what and where to post in order to increase engagement and traffic to your business.
Here are some of the highlights from the recent research:
- You’ll reach more people on social media by posting late afternoon and at night.
- Active engagement (likes, shares and comments) is higher on Instagram than it is on Facebook and Twitter.
- People responsible for marketing their companies are planning to increase usage of Twitter and LinkedIn and to increase usage of video, e.g. through YouTube.
- Asking people to Share, Retweet, Repost, etc. results in more engagement.
- Adding an image to a Tweet on Twitter results in more than double the chance of getting re-tweeted or liked.
- People think of Twitter as being for sharing news, while Facebook is for connecting with Friends and ‘liking’ their activities.
- One of the most important things that companies can do in their social media accounts for impact is to respond to all messages/enquiries and to do so as quickly as possible.
Plenty of tips here for how to manage your social media accounts and, at 2Sprout, we are constantly monitoring the latest research, statistics and trends so that we maximise the impact for you and your business.